Improve compliance and cut-down on billing disputes by having a client (or other third party) review and e-sign timesheets.
To enable this feature, browse to Settings > Time > Third Party Approval
- Select the checkbox to Enable Third Party Approvals.
- Select a contact person for third party signatures from your account - this is the person at your company that will the primary point of contact if the third party approver has any questions
Several approval options that can be setup on this page are:
- Enable a third party to sign on an employees device.
- If this is selected, the third party can simply review the time on the employee's device (phone, tablet, computer) and then electronically sign on that device
- Allow a third party to sign on paper
- Select this option
- Allow a third party to be sent a text/SMS (at a .10 charge per SMS sent).
- CC all request emails to the third party account contact listed on this form.
- You can also schedule a time to have third party approval requests sent out automatically for specified employees or for specific jobs.
- To save these settings, click Save.
Third party approvers are associated with individual jobs. One individual can be an approver for multiple jobs.
Go to the tabs Jobs > click Add Job to add a new job, or click the blue Edit button to the right of a job to edit an existing job-->click on the Approver tab-->Select an existing approver or click Create New to add contact details for a new third party approver.
- Fill out this section with the email address and mobile phone number for the approver whom will be signing off on the employee’s time.
- Note: if an email or phone number is not provided, the approver will only be able to sign off using the employee's device
- Click Save.
For more information, see our full list of Third Party Approval guides
Please sign in to leave a comment.