You can now add a clickable link to a job or service item description for employees to open from the app. Employees can click on an address to see the address location on a map and for assistance navigating to that address. App users can also click on a link for a web page or web document to review from the app. A phone number or email address can also be included for employees to click on to connect with the listed contact person for that job or service item.
For information on adding jobs, see Adding and Editing Jobs
Step 1 - Add Clickable Link to a Job or Service Item
Add a clickable link to any job or service item description:
- Add clickable links to a job from the Jobs tab. Then click on the blue Edit button to the right of the job name. In the Description field add the formatted clickable link and click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Add clickable links to a service item from the Settings --> Service Items tab. Click on the blue Edit button to the right of the service item name. In the Description field add the formatted clickable link. Click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
Link Options and Formatting:
- Tap an address link to redirect to that address on a map. Map navigation to the address is available when redirected.
<address>put your address here</address>
- Click on a link to open a web page or a web document. ie. dropbox or google docs can be accessed for job specific documents.
<url>https://paste your web browser url address link here</url>
- Tap an email address to send an email, *Must include mailto: in front of email address*
<url>mailto:add email address here</url>
- Tap on a phone number to call that number directly from the app, *must include tel: in front of phone number*
<url>tel:add phone number</url>
Step 2 - Enable Employee to View Clickable Links in their App
Enable view jobs and/or service item description in an employee profile from the Employees tab. Click the blue Edit button to the right of the employee name. In the employee profile, click on the Advanced tab and under Permissions, enable Can view job details and/or Can view service item details. Click the blue OK button to save.
Step 3 - Click On The Link From The App
Employees with permission can now access the clickable link from two locations within their app:
- Clock In page -when selecting a job and/or service item to clock into-->on the right hand side of the screen, click on the information icon for that job or service item to access the clickable link.
- Job/Service Item Info tab in the app menu-->tap on Search/view Job Info or Search View Service Item Info-->on the right hand side of the screen, click on the information icon for that job or service item to access the clickable link.
Tap the clickable link. Depending on the link type, users will be redirected to a web page, web document, or an address on a map.
*When clicking on the information icon for the job/service item with the clickable link:
If your link is not showing in blue and clickable in your app, then the clickable link formatting is not set correctly. An account administrator should check the link formatting, or contact VeriClock customer support for assistance.*
**If an employee does not see the Job/Service Item Info tab in the app menu, then that employee does not have permission enabled in their employee profile to access the job or service items description field.**
See Attach a Photo or Document to a Job for information on attaching a photo or web document for employees to access from the app.